Day 1 – Tuesday: Arrival in Israel for the Interfaith Discovery Tour
- Welcome to beautiful Israel!
- We will arrive at Ben Gurion airport and be met and assisted by a Shalom Journeys representative before proceeding to passport control.
- Following passport control, we will be transferred to our hotel in coastal Tel Aviv.
- Depending on our arrival time, we will enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.
- A day to rest up before we embark on the Interfaith Discovery Tour of 9 Days.
- Arrive in Israel
- Meet and Greet
- Transfer from Airport to Hotel
Overnight in Jerusalem
Day 2 – Wednesday: The Old City of Jerusalem
- We we will start the day with a magnificent panoramic view from the Mount of Olives.
- Our tour will proceed to the Old City of Jerusalem. Here we will visit the Tomb of King David and the Room of Last Supper situated atop Mount Zion.
- From there we continue forward to enter the walled city and walk through the newly restored Jewish quarter.
- Some of the sites include the Roman Cardo, the Herodian quarter and most notably the Western Wall.
- Walk along the Via Delarosa to the Church of Holy Sepulcher.
- Our tour concludes with a visit to Bethlehem, the location of Rachel’s tomb, the Church of Nativity and Manger’s Square.
- Mount of Olives
- Old City of Jerusalem
- Jewish Quarter
- Western Wall
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher
Overnight in Jerusalem
Day 3 – Thursday: Loss and Renewal – New City of Jerusalem
- Our tour begins with a drive to the Israel Museum. Here we will visit the Shrine of the Book, where the Dead Sea scrolls are housed.
- We will proceed for a tour of the Knesset, Israel’s parliament.
- Continue to visit Mount Hertzl cemetery and Yad Vashem, the memorial to the Holocaust.
- In addition, we will drive through Mea Shearim, the ultra-orthodox neighborhood in Jerusalem. A chance to learn more about their unique lifestyle.
- In the evening enjoy dinner followed by the spectacular “Sound & Light” show at the Tower of David Museum.
- Israel Museum
- Yad Vashem
- Mea Shearim
- Sound and Light show
Day 4 – Friday: The Dead Sea and Masada
- Our journey continues through the Judean hills to the Qumran caves, where the Dead Sea scrolls were found.
- From here we continue along the shores of the Dead Sea to Masada, the last stronghold of the Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 A.D.
- We will ascend Masada by cable car and explore the mountain fortress built by King Herod. Some notable sites include the remains of the walls, water cistern, and Herod’s Palace.
- We will descend by cable car and continue to the Dead Sea, where we can float in the unsinkable water and bathe in the famous mineral-rich mud.
- Qumran Caves
- Masada Fortress
- The Dead Sea
Overnight in Tel Aviv
Day 5 – Saturday: At leisure on the Mediterranean
- Optional Morning: Suggested stroll along the Tel Aviv boardwalk.
- Suggested Afternoon: Visit Jaffa and Neve Tzedek.
- Suggested Evening: A short taxi ride away is famous Rothschild Blvd. Take a stroll along the vibrant street and continue towards Sarona Market – an outdoor mall with shops, bars, and restaurants.
Day 6 – Sunday: The Gems of Coastal Israel
- Following our delicious breakfast, we will journey along the coastal highway to the ancient Roman capital, Caesarea.
- Our tour proceeds to Megiddo, which has been identified as the site of the battle of Armageddon.
- The next stop on our tour is Daliat-el-Carmel, a Druze village. Here we will enjoy a late lunch at a local restaurant.
- To conclude the day, we will proceed via Mount Carmel to Haifa for a panoramic view of the Haifa Bay and the golden-domed Bahai gardens.
- Mount Carmel
- Bahai Gardens
Overnight in the Galilee
Day 7 – Monday: The Wonders of the Golan Heights
- After our Israeli breakfast, we will take a scenic drive to the mystical city of Safed also known as the center of Jewish mysticism.
- Our journey continues North to the Golan Heights to see the former Syrian bunkers, located in the city of Kuneitra.
- Time for some fun! Our next stop is at the Golan Winery for a tour of the facilities and some wine tasting. To conclude the day, we proceed to “Golan Magic” for a multimedia presentation of the area and its history.
- Golan Heights
- Golan Winery
Day 8 – Tuesday: Walk In the Footsteps of Jesus
- Today we begin with a visit to the city of Nazareth. Here we will visit the Church of Annunciation.
- Our tour continues towards Tiberias; Our first stop is at Capernaum, home to Jesus, to see the ruins of the synagogue and octagonal Church of St. Peter.
- We will take a short drive and visit the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered the sermon on the mount.
- To conclude our tour for the day, we proceed via Beit Shean to Beit Alpha to see the remains of the mosaic floor of an ancient synagogue.
- We will be driven to Tel Aviv for our check-in and overnight sleep.
- Church of Annunciation
- Mount of Beatitudes
- Beit Shean
Overnight in Tel Aviv
Day 9 – Wednesday: Farewell from Israel
- Following our last breakfast, depending on our departure we will enjoy the day at leisure before heading to the airport for our flight home.
- Leave Israel with lifelong memories!
Shalom and thank you for joining us on our 9 days Interfaith Discovery Tour of Israel!